Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Theme Thursday: Ants

The ants go marching one by one, the little one stops to suck his thumb.

Ants don't have thumbs.

The ants go marching two by two, the little one stops to tie his shoe. 

Nor wear shoes. 


The ants go marching three by three, the little one stops to climb a tree. 

To avoid being stepped on?


The ants go marching four by four, The little one stops to shut the door

Never seen an ant do this.

The ants go marching five by five, The little one stops to take a dive.

Are they marching on water?

The ants go marching six by six, The little one stops to pick up sticks.

Why?

The ants go marching seven by seven, the little one stops to pray to heaven.

Dear Lord, 
Please make me 50 times stronger than a man of my weight. Oh wait, you already did. So please grant me the intelligence of one woman.
                                                       Amen
 
The ants go marching eight by eight, The little one stops to shut the gate.

That I'd like to see.


The ants go marching nine by nine, The little one stops to check the time.  

Sundial?

The ants go marching ten by ten, the little one stops to say "THE END," and they all go marching down, to the ground, to get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Finally! Yes, ants get out of the rain because they can drown. Usually they take refuse in my mailbox. Unfortunately, the last line didn't redeem the song, so let's listen to something better.

Meet Adam Ant. 


16 comments:

Sandra Tyler said...

God, when my kids were young that song rang in my head in my sleep. But made perfect sense to me:)

Leovi said...

Fun ants.

Binky said...

They're probably just checking your mail for checks.

Masshole Mommy said...

That totally sounds like a conversation that I'd have with my 8 year old if I sang him that song. I can't fault him for asking legitimately good questions, though ;)

Grace Grits and Gardening said...

cute cute cute. And I was once married to Adam Ant. Well, not really, but he dressed as Adam Ant for a frat party and LOOKED JUST LIKE HIM:))

Theresa Mahoney said...

I have not heard that song in YEARS! That was a fun little trip down memory lane!

Glad you liked the soup :)

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi, I love this. I used to have a giant ant farm on my wall. It was amazing. Thank you so much for linking up with "Weekly Goals". I looked for your weekly goals and couldn't find them. If you put them up, be sure and let me know. I would love to read them. Hope to see you again this week. ""Weekly goals"" will be up late Saturday night or Sunday,

Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
. Again, Welcome, have a wonderful evening. :)

Irene said...

I haven't sang that for some time, what fun.

Unknown said...

This is awesome. It made me smile! ♥

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the ant's prayer! LOL

Mrsupole said...

I am not sure why he looks so handsome in the video. I cannot think I thought that at the time of the song. Not that I paid much attention back then. But I did get a big laugh out of the ant getting a women's brain. So true, so true. Brains over brawn any day. And I liked all of your additions to the song, they made it "great". That was a Tony the Tiger "great".

Thanks for sharing this with this weeks Theme Thursday. Hope you are having a quiet and restful weekend.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great analysis. And i love Adam Ant. I haven't heard that song in ages. Thanks for bringing back some nostalgia

Susan said...

Love!!! I used the same old "The ants go marching," and also "Johnny come marching Home" but had no where near as much fun as this and Adam Ant. Granted, the intelligence underlying this is definitely VASTER than time.

Rhonda said...

I think there are ants here in New Zealand that can shut the door and the gate - I am sure there are in Australia :)

Life according to Lenetta said...

Hi, Thanks so much for linking up our first bloghop.
""Weekly goals"" is now up for this week. Would love for you to link up this week. Have a beautiful day.
Here's the link if you would like it. - http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-3.html
Lenetta

Catch My Words said...

Test.