Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

#AtoZ Meets #WW: "I am a Great Photographer"

Letter I - For "I am great!"
Our son "won" the PTA photo competition every year. (See the details under each photo).

Daniel's Kindergarten Photo Entry tied for 3rd place out of four entries.

1st Grade - Daniel took 2nd Place out of two entries.

2nd Grade "Triangles" placed Honorable Mention out of six entries.

Every year, Daniel marched up stage and accepted his ribbon in front of audience applause. After the third year of straight victory, he boasted from the back seat of the car. "I am a great photographer! I win the photo competition every year!"

My husband and I muffled our laughter and decided to let him think he'd won every year.


27 comments:

shelly said...

Cute. My fifth daughter did the same thing with the Tropicana Public speaking award. She got into at about the second grade and always wins third place. She used to tell me she was going to run for president but I think she's changed her mind.

Bree said...

so sweet!!!!
xoxo, bree

Unknown said...

How cute!! He's a little photographer in the making :) Thanks for linking up!

Brandi

zongrik said...

you have a little horse there :)

 care for those age’d until the end

Theresa Mahoney said...

This is so adorably funny! Way to go Daniel!

Catch My Words said...

Congrats, Theresa! You caught the humor.

Stacey @ RealWorldMom (Linky) said...

That's so sweet! With encouragement and confidence, he's going places! :)

Jo said...

I will just assume he didn't choose photography as his career? LOL He WON something every year! cute. ♥

Mimi N said...

Awww that's wonderful! You must be SO proud!

Unknown said...

Lol, cute how he "won" every year

Faythe said...

Did the photography bug stick with him after grade school? at least it was a good confindence booster :o) ~Faythe @ GMT~

Diana @ Toronto Teacher Mom said...

That's great that they have a competition like this. Good for him for participating!

An Apel a Day said...

I do like the triangle ones. Cute!

momto8 said...

why did he get the ribbon?

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Awww what a sweet story! I wouldn't have told him either!

k~ said...

Very nice, and he will probably continue taking pictures for a long time now... that's fantastic.

Binky said...

Well he did win something every year!

Dave Keller said...

He has a great hobby!

Anonymous said...

He is great! I love the triangle entry. Nice job! :)

SJerZGirl said...

My kids got honorable mentions in a poetry contest their school was having. My son, fifth grade, new he didn't "win", but wanted to know what honorable mention was. I told him it was because, even though they didn't win the top prize, their efforts were so good they had to recognize it. They were both so proud of those ribbons.

Jenn said...

Too cute--and definitely funny :)

Cheers, Jenn
http://www.wine-n-chat.com

soggy in the corner said...

self esteem is so important!

The Sisters' Hood said...

Definitely a winner!

Paula said...

Why spoil a good thing!

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Ms POSH said...

How cool!
Have a great WW- POSH

stevebethere said...

Now that's so cute :-)

Leslie said...

All great photographers had to start somewhere -- I guess kindergarten is as goo a place as any!