Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

#GBE2: Balance

I don't have great balance. In fact, if a cop pulled me over, I might get arrested if they asked me to walk a straight line, even if sober. It's just that balance has never been one of those natural tasks for me.

When I was a Girl Scout, our troop performed a dance in which we jumped through sticks. Being uncoordinated, the leader stuck a grass skirt around my waist and had me wave my arms like a hoola girl. Everyone was jealous that I got that job. Let's hear it for clumsiness!

Way back when, I took taek won do and actually developed some balance. Then I got pregnant, and it was gone. I've never found it again.

Oh. You mean we're supposed to write about having a balanced life? Balancing everything we have to do? Heck! I can't even balance my check book. And as for the serious side of balance, my life is so out of balance, it would make my dancing look good!

9 comments:

Jo said...

You are too funny and I doubt if you are any where near as unbalanced as you say! I would be willing to be you have all your ducks in a row. The row may well be windy and curvy, but a row nonetheless!
Love it. :)

Unknown said...

You have balanced humour; thats good enough for you. Don't take up tae kwondo again?

Thinking said...

hmm..may be someday your non-balanced life would bring some good...who knows...

Be happy...

shelly said...

LOL! The more I try to balance everything the worse it gets. Seriously! I totally understand where youre coming from.

Unknown said...

As long as I go through life doing things ass backwards, I am fine. If I try to balance things I discover things are worse, so sideways...upside down...whatever works. Love your blog.
Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

LOL - I am trying to imagine you in a grass skirt.
Loved this take on balance. Thanks for the laughs.

Langley Cornwell said...

I hear ya, my life is completely out of balance. Do you have video of the grass skirt extravaganza?

Anonymous said...

Your blog is always a fun stop. Keep it up!

Brenda Stevens said...

you never took off that grass skirt!!! hehe
LOVE YOU