Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Thursday, August 11, 2011

#GBE2 - How We Met

picture prompt - GBE2

Does anyone remember Hands Across America Day? On May 25, 1986, Americans from New York to California held hands in an attempt to form an unbroken human chain across the country. Although the link broke in the desert, my husband and I formed our own bond, and we're still hitched over twenty-five years later.

Here's how we met:

Martin, an Orthodox Jew started a photo dating service and threw extravagant parties complete with farm animals in hotel ballrooms and his wife hanging from a cooking skewer--anything for a laugh.

Singles submitted photographs then chose dates from his dining room table. On my first visit to Martin's home, a cute guy sat across from me, so I boldly slid my picture in front of him.

Shortly after that, Martin spoke to this young man then asked me in private if I wanted to go out with him. When I gave a strong, "Yes," he opened the door and immediately embarrassed me by sharing my answer. But that's okay, Handsome called, we went out, and here we are old but still together.


If you like my post please push here to vote for my blog on the Picket Fence. Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool how-we-met story! And I do love happy endings. :O)

Empty Nest Insider said...

This is a great story of love at first sight! Congrats on being together for over 25 years! Julie

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

I love your happy ending, fairytale story. :) And you are NOT old.

The Host said...

What a sweet story! I love the tales of right place, right time.

Binky said...

So I'm assuming there were no cute wombats there?

Paula Martin said...

Great story, proves that love at first sight really does happen.

Kathy said...

I love that story! not the usual "how we met" story. It was obviously love at first sight...congratulations on 25 years of marriage! :)

Catch My Words said...

Thanks for the comments. I don't know about love at first time, but I will admit to lust at first sight.

SJerZGirl said...

Wow! It had to be meant to be for both of you to happen on that "in house" dating service and be there the same day. Very nice!!

Cassy said...

Wow! So nice. Congratulations!

How I wish I could also find the love of my life as well.

Cassy from Beginner Free Guitar Lessons

Beverly Diehl said...

I remember Hands Across America day - I brought my young son to "our" assigned spot, in Los Angeles, and it was very cool knowing my stepsister in Pennsylvania was joining the chain at the other end of the country.

Visiting here via The Warrior Muse. Fun to e-meet you!